Saturday, April 4, 2009

Binary Sunset

I found this image from NASA's website (link) when I googled Binary Sunset. When I was googling Binary Sunset, I was going through a college fueled mental breakdown. I have a choice. Between the UC system, NYU, and USC. I am not even going to mention Loyola Marymount University because my family has no clue what that is. I am not even trying to enlighten them about it. So, as I was having a panic attack (this happens only when I have a deadline) I turned to John. John Williams. And listened to the entire Star Wars soundtrack to the chagrin of my neighbors (probably) and to the delight of my childhood desire that I would get into USC's film program. I have been fostering a desire to go to USC since I was fourteen. That was when I discovered The Usual Suspects and began to believe in Bryan Singer. That dream really is a "childhood" dream because I held on to it for so long. And besides, four years does change a person a lot. I grew up but some things did stay the same. Fortunately.

I am so glad I moved on from the lame analysis that Bryan Singer does with the "alienation" theme and have grown attached to Charlie Kaufman's style. But that doesn't mean I won't analyze something that is pretty obvious. At this moment in my life, I am going through what Luke went through. I am on Tatooine looking at the two setting suns. I am about to go on this amazing journey and I have no idea where it will lead me. Yeah, cliched. Whatever. All I know is that tuition will be a hem hem- a problem. Not a big problem, but still an annoying problem.

I need Yoda. And cash.

2 comments:

  1. i am yoda. fucking go to usc, nerd.

    loveyoubye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say try to grab those scholarships. If you manage to support yourself through grants and scholarships to feel better about coming to USC, it's very worth it. Connections may help, but when getting in, it seems like it just comes down to sheer volume of applications you fill out and how interesting a person you are. Your connections come when you're in, when you have the chance to network. And trust me, you'll find people who are genuinely impressed with you. :]

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails