Monday, March 30, 2009

White Dress

I lack dexterity. My fingers are the most uncoordinated part of my body. I can grab things and write and type, but play piano? I learn how to extend my fingers and then I forget. Besides really sucking at the piano, I can't stitch or sew. One minute the needle and thread is on the line then next, it is an inch away. This presents quite a challenge.

During this obsessed clothing period, I have fallen in love with rigid, stiff, and white dresses. In a way, this dress will hopefully channel all that I find perfect and unattainable. It will hopefully be the dress of the most rigid and cold woman who people respect but are afraid of. Somehow, Estella managed to rub off on me. Plus I love the formality of the dress. But it is only an idea and a sketch as of right now! I am really quite fond of clothes that project a sense of power. My closet is full of suits and jackets. But how could anything so soft and innocent look so cold?

Because I myself lack any skills, I am very glad my mother has volunteered to help me. This may eventually come down to her sewing while I watch X-files but hopefully it won't!

I really hope to make something similar to these:


Taken from style.com Chanel Spring 2009 Couture.

Anyone know any good sewing sites?

4 comments:

  1. ok well it wouldn't work for me the first time.

    i said something about my preference for fluid/soft dresses and how i tried for a veronica lake-esque hair style but gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! i like your fashion design.. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check this out (hilarious):
    http://nyu.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9834033161/m/56010418

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails