Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Izzzz BACK!

I am posting from California and it is finally raining! There has been a water problem here, hopefully there will be no water rationing.

Recently I discovered many blogs all about clothes and what's-it. All of these blogging fashionistas love showing their outfits while commenting on trends, patterns, color, texture, and proportions. There are a lot of these blogs. Just like there are an amazing amount of people who have nothing to blog about. But these people do have something to talk about! And it's pretty cool! They have one idea and they go through with it. Usually I think of something and then half way through, completely abandon it. So sad. :(

Since no one else but me will be reading this blog (well I may not even be reading it) I figured why not post something that I like and plan to do. Blogs are amazing in the way a person can talk and ramble about anything without sounding crazy. And it can be as disorganized and mad as the person's mind.





Narcissus and Echo :)

I have been thinking about doing a project with this myth in mind. I am absolutely in love with this story. It's a sad and depressing myth about love and vanity. Right. The moral of this story is that spouses should not hurt each other. WTF? I still like the unrequited love part. And how Narcissus fell in love with himself. It reminds me of this:


Pygmalion and Galatea. A story about a sculptor who falls in love with his own sculpture of a woman. Aphrodite enchants the piece of ivory and turns it to a woman. Like Pinocchio!

But it is the idea of vanity that I like. It's quite, er, funny and sad at the same time.

I am writing the script for this idea as well as another script about a luckless in love boy and his luckless in love grandpa. This idea of Echo and Narcissus really in a manipulation of another story about a girl who is trying to find her biological parents. However instead of the poor orphan, is a woman who falls in love with "herself." Sorta. She falls in love with her own manifestation of the perfect man. That proves to be a problem when she tries "dating."

This story also reminds me of the time I went shoe shopping. I spotted the perfect pair of boots, by Bruno Magli, and since then have not found a more beautiful boot. I sadly did not purchase the boots (my size is way too common) and now cannot allow myself to buy any other boot. However, since I am trying to move away from this fashion crazed phase and back to my awesomely comfortable track suits and kicks, I am not so demented about a stupid pair of shoes. Stuff.

In this story, there are three parallels.

1. Conscious- a young woman goes on a date with a "man."
2. Subconscious- the woman follows a man up and away from danger.
3. Mind's eye- a reinterpretation of Echo and Narcissus. Who is who?

It's quite confusing. Whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails