Monday, March 10, 2008

The Crippling Ego

I have been reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead for a few weeks now. So far, it's been a completely interesting and engaging read. The characters are exceptional albeit sometimes symbols rather than people. The book however got me questioning the ideals of the human ego and individualism. Ayn Rand's quote that man's ego is the fountainhead of human progress pretty much sums up the book and does sound nice on paper. Otherwise if you dare say that aloud and claim it as your basic code of life, well then, you'd be an arrogant dickhead.


The thing about man's ego and his pride is that, well how far can it stretch before you can break it. Observing that has always been an interesting hobby though I have neglected it for a bit too long. Sometimes it is nice to relax and observe others, however as of late I am not observing others, rather more often than not berating group members for not contributing their share into a project. I am not a very angry or irritable person, actually I find that if everyone works hard that there will be some harmony within a group. I truly want people who love their work. Well maybe not love it, but passionate about it. That way if they yell at me that it's usually about some creative idea rather than telling me about how unfair I am. Listen people, listen up! Wouldn't it be great if everyone was a Howard Roark and a Henry Cameron (well before he became a drunk)?




Now that I am done about talking about the breakable human ego, I would like to share some cupcake photos, because they are beautiful. However, they remind me of the feast and the Pale Man.


They are similiar in how you can't eat it so it's torture. And remember how Ofelia eats two grapes and almost suffers the wrath of the Pale Man? Well, lick the computer screen and get some electric charge or some weird diarrhea from the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails